Executive DirectorCompany: Richmond Animal League (RAL)
Date Posted: February 9, 2018
The Richmond Animal League (RAL) located in Richmond, Virginia seeks a dynamic and passionate leader to serve as the Executive Director, committed to the mission of saving lives, providing hope, help and homes to animals in need. A strong network and effective fundraising experience is beneficial to the long-term stability of the organization.
Founded by a small band of concerned volunteers, RAL remains a largely volunteer-driven organization. RAL is led by a volunteer board and a small team of staff members who coordinate with over 250 active volunteers to care for the animals that enter RAL’s care each year. Volunteers assist in animal care, adoption counseling, fostering, fundraising, kennel maintenance, clinic administration, and offsite events. In 2015, volunteers logged 32,763 hours.
RAL’s strategy is to work collaboratively to help increase adoptions throughout the region. RAL’s approach is to transfer cats and dogs primarily from municipal shelters throughout Central Virginia, a geographic area that is larger than that which many organizations cover. RAL will also transfer animals that require more medical attention than just spay/neuter, but who can regain a good quality of life with the proper medical attention.
- Plan and execute day-to-day operations of the organization including leading annual planning and budgeting process.
- Provide strategic direction and lead the strategic planning process.
- Lead development team and board in a successful capital campaign, as well as ensure annual fundraising, donor engagement and stewardship.
- Maintain a strong relationship with the Board; seeking their input in matters of policy where appropriate.
- Review and approve contracts for services.
- Oversee paid staff and volunteers, encouraging an environment of collaboration and passion for RAL’s mission.
- Other duties as assigned by the Board.
- A highly motivated and self-starting individual.
- Proven success in nonprofit fundraising with individuals, foundations and corporations. Prior experience leading capital campaigns a plus.
- Experience building and maintaining successful community relationships and sponsorships
- Strong leadership experience
- Business strategy and planning expertise
- Excellent communication, strong writing and public speaking skills
- Ability to work well with and inspire trust from diverse staff, business partners, individual donors, volunteers and the community at large.
- An undergraduate degree is required; an MBA or MPA, although not required is highly desirable.
The position offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. This position is open until 5:00 pm on Friday, March 2, 2018. Please send cover letter and resume to: ExecutiveSearch@ral.org
Please, no phone calls or recruiters.