Director of External RelationsCompany: disAbility Law Center
Date Posted: August 14, 2017
The disAbility Law Center of Virginia (dLCV) seeks a qualified individual to lead the organization’s resource development and community relations efforts. The Director will provide vision and guidance to all aspects of our community outreach and fundraising, including our growing volunteer program, and our excellent networking and communications programs. The Director will help to develop and launch a volunteer speakers program, will help to increase our social media presence, and will help to strengthen additional networking opportunities statewide. The Director will work with all agency staff, and especially the community engagement team, to perform these tasks. The Director also will serve as primary liaison to our fundraising Board, the disAbility Law Center of Virginia Foundation (dLCVF).
The qualified candidate will have experience in the use of social media and web-based tools for outreach, as well as traditional media. The qualified candidate will have proven experience in fundraising and and will be familiar with best practices in resource development. The preferred candidate will have experience with or knowledge of disability service systems.
Specific duties will include:
- Communicate effectively the mission and vision of dLCV
- Oversee the volunteer program, in coordination with staff, to strengthen and expand program
- Plan and manage all special events to promote the dLCV
- Develop a volunteer speakers program, together with the Speaker’s Bureau staff
- Coordinate with communications and advocacy staff to strengthen Foundation and dLCV publications and web and social media presence
- Act as liaison to the dLCVF Board
- Be proactive and creative in the identification, cultivation, and solicitation of individual, corporate and foundation prospects
- Develop and implement a fundraising structure and strategy, including an annual campaign
- Provide detailed regular reports on development on progress to the Executive Director, the Foundation Board, and the dLCV Board
Salary will be based on education and experience. Benefits include health and short and long term disability insurance, a retirement plan, compensated holidays and other paid time off.
To apply, send a detailed cover letter describing applicable qualifications and resume to: Human Resources, 1512 Willow Lawn Drive, Suite 100, Richmond, VA 23230 or via fax (804) 662-7431 or via email to jobs@dLCV.org. Position will remain open until filled; however, review of applications will begin August 28, 2017. To learn more about dLCV, visit www.dlcv.org.
Persons with disabilities and minorities are encouraged to apply. Reasonable accommodations upon request.