Associate DirectorCompany: Side by Side VA, Inc.
Date Posted: July 19, 2017
Associate Director of Side by Side - Job Description
Deadline – Friday, August 4, 2017
Mission: Side by Side is dedicated to creating supportive communities where Virginia’s LGBTQ+ youth can define themselves, belong, and flourish.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Associate Director serves as the chief trainer for the organization, developing and delivering content on best practices for supporting LGBTQ+ youth. Additionally, the Associate Director manages development efforts, including fundraising campaigns, tracking and managing relevant agency donor data, recognition efforts, donor communications, and special events. Finally, the Associate Director assists in the development and distribution of Side by Side’s message through our monthly newsletter, weekly blog, social media, and direct mail efforts.
Training & Outreach
- Schedule and maintain the calendar for Side by Side trainings;
- Develop training materials including presentations, curriculum, and marketing materials;
- Research emerging best practices for supporting LGBTQ+ youth as related to specific needs of the organization’s audiences;
- Develop and analyze evaluations for Side by Side trainings; and
- Act as lead trainer on all Side by Side trainings, except corporate trainings.
- Work with the Executive Director to create the annual development plan, execute against development plan, and maintain development calendar.
- Direct and collaborate with administrative staff to process gifts, maintain gift records and entries, maintain donor database, and handle related donor acknowledgements
- Download and process web-related transactions;
- Manage a portfolio of donors for the purposes of donor stewardship and cultivation
- Track staff activities related to donor stewardship and cultivation;
- Manage fundraising campaigns, including the year-end campaign;
- Ø Provide support, as needed, for additional fundraising campaigns and special events, including Give OUT Day, the Glitter Glam Jam, and Springtime;
- Provide support in the planning and production of donor and prospect cultivation house parties; and
- Staff potential Development Committee and coordinate Gratitude Team.
- Staff the Board Communications Committee.
- Manage and coordinate agency communications, including monthly e-newsletter, social media, and weekly blog posts.
Other duties as assigned including occasional staffing of youth support groups will be required of this position, given the small size and ongoing growth of the organization.
This is a full-time position, with competitive salary, health and dental benefits, and 4 weeks’ vacation. Due to the nature of programming and events, some evening and weekend hours are required.
Job Qualifications and Experience
- Knowledge of LGBTQ+ youth issues and a high sense of responsibility for and commitment to the mission of Side by Side;
- A Bachelor’s degree in communications, counseling, education, or a related field, master’s preferred;
- At least 2 years of development experience;
- Demonstrated experience with content development for trainings and presentations as well as evaluation experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong organizational, detail, and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with Constant Contact preferred;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, email and internet applications, spreadsheets, and social media, as well as Fundraiser or comparable development database;
- Ability to work as a member of a team, but also be a self-starter; able to work under pressure and complete multiple tasks simultaneously; and
- Experience with public speaking or conducting outreach.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to:
Ted.Lewis@sidebysideva.org with the subject line: Application – Associate Director
All applications must be received by Friday, August 4, 2017.
No phone calls or visits please.
The application process will also include:
• Letter of Interest, Resume, and 3 personal/professional references;
• Driving record check;
• Criminal history check: state, child abuse and neglect registry, sexual offender registry; and
• Personal interviews with Side by Side staff, board, and stakeholders
Side by Side is an equal opportunity employer.www.sidebysideva.org